Rear Suspension Problems of Audi TT
Audi TT owners have reported 4 problems linked to rear suspension (under the suspension category).
Rear Suspension problem #1
Consumer owns a 2001 Audi Tt quattro. While pulling into the driveway at 5 mph, the contact heard a noise coming from the rear passenger side tire. She noticed that the tire was not aligned with the other three tires. The vehicle was towed to the dealer and they discovered that the rear control arm bolt was corroded and failed, along with the rear suspension coil. The manufacturer stated that her VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign id number 01v325000 (suspension:rear). The vehicle is currently being repaired at the cost of $1,500. The failure mileage was 71,000 and current mileage was 72,000. This problem occurred on Jun. 29, 2008.
Rear Suspension problem #2
The car is a 2000 Audi Tt quattro. At approximately 0045 hours, Saturday 06/24/2006, I was leaving work and pulling out of the parking lot. I heard a popping sound and my steering to my vehicle went sour. So I pulled over and took a look at the front wheels, thinking it was the problem. To which it was not. I continued on and the rear end was fish-tailing, so I pulled over and noticed the right rear wheel was bent at a forty-five degree angle inward. The rear control arm was broken. Damages caused by this failure caused damages to the rear sway bar, and other parts internal and external. I contacted Audi USA because I found out about an old recall notification. To which my family was never notified of such. I did some research and found out a range of vins that had been affected by this recall, and my vehicle fell within that range. I looked up more information within the NHTSA website and my vehicle should have been recalled by the downloaded file rcdnn-01v325-1789. Pdf. After numerous attempts to find information from separate Audi advocates, one tells me there is currently nothing they can do. Because the recall was old and not open right now, I would need to take the vehicle and get it fix and keep the records. Audi USA and world wide knew of this problem and failed to notify everyone that owned this vehicle that was to be affected. Several years later not knowing of a problem from a part that has been recalled only on a few vehicles. A problem still exists to which could have resulted in serious injury or even death. It was Saturday, June 24, 2006 when this rear suspension issue occurred.
Rear Suspension problem #3
The vehicle involved is a 2000 Audi Tt quattro. Jan 12,06 @ 48413 miles l/r drive train/wheel making noise, wheel loose. Paul miller Audi tightens wheel - no other damage reported July 13, 06 @ 51596 miles l/r control arm breaks with associated drive train, brake line, etc. As wife positions car into the garage paul miller Audi repairs. Dec 26, 06 @ 53904 miles l/r control arm breaks with other damage as wife positions car into the garage (pictures available) repair pending paul miller Audi diagnostic and determination of who pays. While Audi is more interested in who pays, I am very concerned about the potential of very serious injury had my wife been driving on the highway when these failures occurred. Also, are these failures related to 2000 Audi Tt quattro recall id 01v325000. This problem occurred on Dec. 26, 2006.
Rear Suspension problem #4
- the contact has a 2000 Audi Tt quattro with an odometer reading of 47000 miles. The contact was driving at 35 mph under snowy and wet conditions when there was a loud snapping sound. The contact stated that he continued to drive and he noticed that the vehicle became hard to steer and that he felt the vehicle suspension driving very ruff. He got out of the vehicle and noticed that the rear control arm had broken. The contact found recall (01v325000) suspension:rear, which was the cause of the failure. The contact called the dealer (the Audi exchanged) who said that the recall repair had been done to the vehicle. The contact then called the manufacturer and they stated that the recall had been done and there has no more help that they can offer. The consumer was informed the vehicle would repaired at no charge. Updated 02/22/07. This issue happened on Monday, January 15, 2007.
Other Suspension related problems of Audi TT:
- Rear Suspension problems (4 problems)
- Front Suspension Lower Control Arm problems (2 problems)
- Suspension problems (2 problems)
- Front Suspension Control Arm problems (1 problem)
- Front Suspension problems (1 problem)