Parking Brake Related Problems of the 2008 Ford Escape
Table 1 demonstrates one common parking brake related problems of the 2008 Ford Escape.
|Problem Category||Number of Problems|
|Parking Brake problems||1|
Parking Brake problem
The vehicle was a 2008 Ford Escape. Crash was involved with this problem. The VIN of this vehicle is 1FMCU02Z88_. The vehicle was parked in a flat parking lot and the parking brake failed. The first time, the parked car rolled backwards and hit a sign. No person was injured. I thought that pehaps the pedal was not fully depressed. The second time, about 3 weeks later, the vehical rolled backwards and hit another vehicle. I had to call the insurance company and file a claim. I intend on bringing the car to the dealership, however after doing a bit of research on the internet, it seems to be a common problem, and I wanted to make sure to report it, because it has the potential to be fatal. This issue happened on 05/21/2009.
Parking Brake related problems in other Ford Escape model years:
- Parking Brake Linkage And Cable problems of the 2006 Ford Escape
- Mechanical Parking Brake problems of the 2004 Ford Escape
- Parking Brake problems of the 2001 Ford Escape
- Parking Brake problems of the 2003 Ford Escape
- Parking Brake problems of the 2004 Ford Escape
- Parking Brake problems of the 2005 Ford Escape
- Parking Brake problems of the 2006 Ford Escape