Clunking Noise problems of the 2006 Hyundai Sonata
One problem linked to clunking noise has been reported for the 2006 Hyundai Sonata.
Clunking Noise problem #1
The car is a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. I was just getting off the interstate and was driving home when the car made this clunking noise and then I lost control of the steering. I could no longer drive the car. After I got the car home, it was looked at and I was told the control arm rotten off the sub-frame from the inside out. I did some research and found that this was a problem with the 2001-2004 Hyundai Sonatas. I contacted Hyundai and they did not seem to want to help me and told me this has not been a problem in the past. It apperas to me that if they recalled previous models that they have not fixed the problem. I am very thankful that the control arm did not brake while I was on the interstate driving at 65 mph. This issue happened on Monday, Jul. 2, 2012.
Other Suspension related problems of the 2006 Hyundai Sonata:
- Rear Suspension problems (5 problems)
- Front Suspension Control Arm problems (3 problems)
- Front Suspension problems (3 problems)
- Automatic Stability Control (asc) problems (2 problems)
- Suspension problems (2 problems)
- Rear Suspension Shock Absorber problems (1 problem)
- Grinding Noise problems (1 problem)